Welcome to Our Site
Welcome to the West Midlands Region Conservative website. Our new-look site provides you with the latest news and information about us, details about what we are doing and information about what we believe in.
The West Midlands Region covers Staffordshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Birmingham and Coventry and The Black Country. Of the 59 Parliamentary constituencies the Conservative Party holds 33 and there are 3 Conservative MEP’s. Conservatives are also elected onto numerous local and county councils across the Region. Our Councilors are working to deliver efficient and cost effective local services for you and your community.
All conservative MPs and MEPs and most Conservative Associations and selected Parliamentary candidates have their own websites - links to them are available from this site.
Become part of our winning team and help ensure the Conservatives win a clear majority at the General Election in 2015.
Delivering for you and the Country
Since the 2010 General Election these are just some of the Conservative Government’s achievements:
- The Deficit has been cut by a quarter
- 1 million new jobs have been created in the private sector
- 250,000 new small businesses have been created
- A record number of apprenticeships have started – half a million in the last year alone
- Tax has been cut by £600 for 24 million people and 2.2 million people have been taken out of tax altogether
- Council Tax has been frozen for 3 years in a row
- Energy companies are being forced to put customers on the lowest tariff
- Benefits are being capped – so no out-of-work household can claim more than the average workingfamily earns
- Net immigration has been cut by a third
- A cut in the EU budget and a treaty vetoed because it wasn’t in Britain’s national interest
- Crime is down by 10 per cent
- Over 6,000 more doctors have been employed in the NHS – and there are 6,000 fewer managers